MOVING DAY NIGHTMARE 2: TRAFFIC PROBLEMS
In our previous article, we discussed the number one cause of moving nightmares: Poor Organization. We also gave different examples of how poor organization can raise problems on your moving day.
Although it helps to be organized and prepared for those scenarios, sometimes, no matter how much you plan for your moving day, there are just some things you cannot control. Heavy traffic and road accidents are those things. You cannot fully prepare against them but here’s a list of traffic-related problems that you should watch out for.
No matter how much you prepare and plan for your moving day, there are just some things you cannot control. Heavy traffic and road accidents are those things. You cannot fully prepare against them but here’s a list of traffic-related problems that you should watch out for.
- Your moving truck is delayed and you may not have enough time to proceed with your move.
- You missed your flight due to an accident on the road and your relocation plans now have to be adjusted.
- The moving truck is stuck in traffic due to a road accident. They must wait for the damaged vehicles to be removed. This will result in a loss of time.
- Your moving truck itself got involved in an accident and your possessions might be badly damaged now.
- The moving truck breaks down in the middle of the road and the moving company has to send a replacement vehicle. This too could result in the delay of your move.
- In the process of replacing your moving truck, there’s a chance that your possessions can be damaged too during the transfer.
- You failed to reserve in advance the nearest parking space either to your new or old home. Now, your moving truck takes its time going around the block to look for an available parking area.
- Since there is no available parking spot near your place, the movers have to park a few blocks away. This may result in additional charges for long-carry or even an extra fee for the delay.
These traffic problems may not be 100% avoidable but it helps knowing them in advance so you can prepare with your backup plans in case any of these happen. Of course, still the most important way to prevent having a moving nightmare is still through research, proper planning and organization. Feel free to add more safety measures to ensure a smooth moving experience.